♫ Listening to right now:
I am a huge fan of watching youtubers. I love to watch mental health videos by my favorite people and a common theme they do is “mental health favorites” where they talk about what helped them mentally that month. So I wanted to take this on in blog form. I haven’t talked about my own mental health yet, but someday when I feel ready, I might. Here’s some of my favorite people, if you’d like an inspiration:
Since November has arrived, here are my mental health favorites for october. These are all sorts of things that helped me feel happy and optimistic this month.
October Mental Health favorites:
- Photography. My mom and I got a camera together over the summer and I have been enjoying it so much. I always loved photography, but lately it is making me truly happy- I find that it is making me more mindful of what is around me. Instead of being annoyed when my dog wakes me up at 6 am to go out, I grab the camera as I look outside and see pink skies and I just feel grateful, like the world is waking me up with such a gift. I couldn’t resist the foliage this month, either. Remember this? My October mornings post : )
- Routines. I kind of need some sort of a routine in my week to stay positive and mentally healthy. Blogging has helped me with this a lot this month. I know that on mondays, I post in a promo monday blogging group and focus on getting my blog out there. Every other weekend for the season I went to the farmer’s market with mama. Things like this, they help me-the market, for example, gives me something to look forward to and the blog gives me goals to work on while doing something I love.
- These babies. My best friends in any month, and they may be in every mental health favorite post!
- Vlogtober. An October vlog segment my favorite youtubers do where they film every day until the end of October. I look so forward to these and I’m not sure why I enjoy watching them so much, but I do! I am so very excited for Vlogmas.
- Journaling. I keep my dinosaur composition book next to my bed- I write down weekly goals, things I am grateful for, and blog post ideas or inspirations.
- Candles, first fire of the season, being comfy in layers, and halloweeney-ness. All recipes for a healthy mind and happy heart.
Thanks, October. What were your mental health favorites this month?